The Academy of Care Practitioners
“The Academy of Care Practitioners aims to promote, support and develop Care Practitioners and raise standards in social care provision."
Following completion of the 12 month pilot scheme the Academy of Care Practitioners aims to become a national charitable organisation that will support, develop, value and promote all social care workers in Wales.
Registered social care practitioners will be eligible to become full members and non registered practitioners will participate as affiliated members.
The Academy has three major objectives:
- Provide a reference point for Care Practitioners
- Provide value, status and influence by belonging to a professional organisation
- Promote consultation and representation at a local, regional and national level
- Provide communication channels and support between Social Care Practitioner
- Support members by offering advice and providing information
- Provide regular publications, via hardcopy and using ICT and other technology
- Hold Care Practitioner seminars, workshops and conferences
- Provide access to research and reports and links to professional and statuary bodies
- Encourage and promote continual professional development
- Promote career progression via structured horizontal and vertical career pathways
- Provide careers, learning and development advice and guidance
- Provide information about local and accessible training courses and events
- Empower members through recognition via celebratory Care Awards
« back to Home Page